- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
These 3 days trek begins at Thimphu and ends at Punakha. These trails were once used by people of Thimphu and Punakha for trading purposes; before the arrival of motor road to Bhutan. With an average of less than 50 trekkers trekking on this trail in a year, the trails are very calm, natural and undisturbed.
This tour includes 5 days of cultural sightseeing and 3 days of trekking. But considering that you will be arriving only by lunch time and departing right after your breakfast, you cannot do much of sightseeing on your arrival and departure days; hence from 5 days, only 3 days will be fully dedicated to cultural sightseeing. If you do not wish to spend 8 days, you can customize this tour into 6 days and 5 nights by omitting Thimphu vicinity tour and Taktsang monastery hike.
Places covered: Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
Difficulty grading: Easy
Nature of Tour: Trekking and cultural sightseeing.
NOTE : We are open to make any amendments to suit your needs . Feel free to mail your special request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you with the Itineraries of your choice
Arrival at Paro – Thimphu (65 km) (cultural sightseeing)Welcome to Bhutan. Your guide and driver will be waiting for you at Paro International airport. The drive from Paro to Thimphu will take around one hour. After reaching Thimphu, check into your hotel, enjoy your lunch and set out for exploring Thimphu city and places around it. Towards evening visit to National Memorial Chorten, mingle with elderly people, circumambulate the stupa and get blessed. National Memorial Chorten: Located in the heart of Thimphu city, it was built in 1974 by Her Majesty the Queen Mother Ashi Phuntsho Choden in memory of her son, Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. The three-storey choeten houses several relics such as Phurba Lhatshog, Kagay, Khrowo Nampur Gyalwa, Guru Tshengye, and Khenlop Chesum. The choeten is today the spiritual nerve centre of the city.Overnight: At hotel in Thimphu
Thimphu vicinity tour (cultural sightseeing)After our breakfast from the hotel, we will set out for exploring around. Some of the historical sites that we will be visiting today at Thimphu are Buddha Statue, Textile Museum, Changangkha Lhakhang, Simtokha Dzong and Tashichho Dzong. Buddha Statue: Located at Kuenselphodrang, facing Thimphu valley down bellow is the worlds’ largest and tallest Buddha statue standing at the height of 169 feet (52m). The statue houses one hundred thousand of smaller Buddha statues, the exact replica of the outer Buddha statue. From here one can have a 360 degree view of Thimphu valley. Textile Museum: Located near National library at Chubachu, it was established in the year 2001. The museum contains Bhutanese textiles, arts, crafts and more importantly the royal collections which includes first version of the Raven crown worn by first and second King of Bhutan, dresses and accessories worn by royal family and the bedding of his holiness Zhabdrung Jigme Dorji. Changangkha Lhakhang: Overlooking the heart of Thimphu city, the temple was built by Nyima in the 12th century at the site chosen by his father, Phajo Drugom Zhigpo, the founder of Drukpa-Kagyud Buddhist tradition in Bhutan, which today is the state religion of Bhutan. The temple houses, among others, a copper statue of Tandin (Hayagriva), Phajo Drugom Zhigpo and his consort Khandro Sonam Pelden. This temple is considered the guardian of all children born in the Thimphu valley. Simtokha Dzong: Located around 5 km south of Thimphu town, Simtokha Dzong is the oldest Dzong in Bhutan built by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal in 1629, it is believed to have been built over a stone onto which Zhabdrung Rinpoche pinned down a demon and subdued it. The Dzong contains the bed chambers of Zhabdrung and Desi Jigme Namgyal, the father of the first King of Bhutan. Formally known as Sanga Zabdon Phodrang (Palace of the Profound Meaning of Secret Mantras), the Dzong contains many sacred relics. Tashichho Dzong: Located on the bank of the Wangchu River in the Hejo village, Tashicho Dzong was built in 1641 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and enlarged in 1694 by Gyalse Tenzin Rabgay. It was entirely rebuilt under the command of Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck in 1962. Today, the dzong is the seat of the central government, His Majesty the King’s office, and the summer residence of the Central Monastic Body.Overnight: At hotel in Thimphu
- Airport pick-up and drop off service
- Trekking Guide
- Accommodation (as per the itinerary)
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks (if required)
- Trekking permit of National park
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System )
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staffs
- First Aid Kit
- Personal expenses
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, extra accommodation in Thimpu
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and porter
- Meals & hotel accommodation in Thimpu(with out itinerary )
- Pricing NameMin Group SizeMax Group SizePrice
- Pricing Name: 1 person (Basic camping)Min Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 1 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 1 person (Mid-range camping)Min Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 1 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 1 person (Luxury camping)Min Group Size: 1 paxMax Group Size: 1 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 2-4 person (Basic camping)Min Group Size: 2 paxMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 2-4 person (Mid-range camping)Min Group Size: 2 paxMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 2-4 person (Luxury camping)Min Group Size: 2 paxMax Group Size: 4 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 5-7 person (Basic camping)Min Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 5-7 person (Mid-range camping)Min Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 5-7 person (Luxury camping)Min Group Size: 5 paxMax Group Size: 7 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 8+ person (Basic camping)Min Group Size: 8 paxMax Group Size: 40 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 8+ person (Mid-range camping)Min Group Size: 8 paxMax Group Size: 40 paxprice: /Person
- Pricing Name: 8+ person (Luxury camping)Min Group Size: 8 paxMax Group Size: 40 paxprice: /Person
If you want to cancel your trip, your payment made will be refunded after deducting the bank charges and other service charges. But the visitors have to let us know immediately as and when they decide to cancel their tour.
Tour Programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows: –
within 60 days of the start of the tour programme: Free
within 30 days: 15% of the rate
within 14 days: 30% of the rate
within 7 days: 50% of the rate
Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 100% of the rate
There shall be no charge for the number of days of delay in departure of visitor due to weather conditions, Druk Air/Bhutan Airline problems or roadblocks. They will be charged only the actual expenses on accommodation, food transport and any other services required.
It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
you can also leave us message to know more about it here