- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Chadar trek is one of the most thrilling yet a challenging one for the trekkers in Ladakh. The temperature during winter in Ladakh drops down to minus 5 to 40 degrees, yet the trekkers, the exceptional adamant one choose this trekking. This trekking is worth the challenge; it is like the path least travel and you will see the hidden or unreachable ranges of the uppermost section of the Himalayas. Since this trek demands ample physical strength, one must be above 20 and should be physically fit. Within 5 days you will taste the chilly weather, but with the satisfaction of reaching the unseen villages and people by the rest of the world. Throughout this journey, you will be accompanied by Guide, cook, helper, and porters.
Places covered: Leh-Shingra Gongma-Nyarakpulu—Leh
Difficulty grading: Simple walks on Ice sheet (frozen River) every day for 4 to 7 hours and strictly depends on weather conditions. A reasonable degree of physical fitness is needed for this trek.
Best Season: First Week of January to End of February
- Trekker arrival in Leh, has to stay 3 Nights mandatory in Leh with 2 Days rest and one day for medical checkup at SNM Hospital between 2 – 4 PM, followed by Wildlife Permit.
- Trekkers should have medical report clear to commence the Chadar Trek.
- Trekkers should submit the necessary papers at Check point, before the start of trek.
- Wildlife Permit will be issued only once the medical report of trekker submitted.
- If trekker fail the medical clearance, we held no responsible for discontinuing the trek and no refund will be provided.
- The above points are mandatory for every trekker, doing the Chadar Trek in 2019.
- Additional 4 Nights to be added in your above package, 3 Nights on initial and last one night on returning back to Leh from Trek.
Leh – Chiling/Tilatdo to Shingra-Gongma (3200m) 5 hrs drive (Taxi/Bus):/1 ½ Hrs TrekIn the morning after breakfast drive towards Nimoo where the confluence of river Zanskar and Indus is located, from there take left and drive along the Zanskar River till you reach Sumdado. At Chiling after Lunch visit the White Copper artists famous for their handmade works. After lunch drive Shingra Yokma from where the Trek will start till you reach Shingra-gongma ( 1 ½ hrs). Today is the day you will actually start walking on the frozen river, you will pitch your camp at the bank of Zanskar River. As the dusk ascent the coldness will arise too, your sleeping bag and the warm water will keep you warm. Spend your night in the tent.
Trek Shingra-gongma to Deep Yokma(3300m) 5 hrs.In the moring after having your breakfast with a hot cup of tea to beat the freezing weather and energise you for yet another challenging 5 hours trek to Deep. Starting this trek to Deep where you’ll see numbers of caves, and you will also see Tsomo Paldar, naturally flowing spring water. After a day long trek you will set your tent at Deep for your night stay.
Deep to Nyrakpulu (3400m) 4-5 hrs.Start the trek from Deep, after 4-5 hours of walk you will be reaching Nyarakpulu. After Lunch visit the Big water fall and beautiful village called Nyarak. Reaching this village you will get to know about Zanskar people and its way of life. From there Singee-La will be visible, which is a summer trek.Overnight Camp.
Nyrakpulu to Deep Yokma (3300m)4- 5hrs.On the way back you will take the same route back from Nyrakpulu to Deep Yokma. Spend the night in camp at the side of river bank.
Day 5: Deep Yokma to Shingra Gongma (3200m) 4-5 HrsTrek back from Deep Yokma to Shingra Yokma.Overnight in Camp at the side of river bank.
Shingra Gongma to Shingra Yokma to Leh (3200m) (1 ½ hrs trek & 5 hrs drive)Trek back from Shingra gongma to Shingra Yokma and then drive back to Leh bidding farewell to the adventurous yet a challenging trekking
- All Transportation by Qualis/Scorpio & Tempo Traveller.
- Two /Four Men Tents, Kitchen and dining Tents with all Meals during trek.
- Kitchen equipments.
- Mattresses, Gumboots, Walking Sticks &Feather jacket & Sleeping Bag.
- Cook, helper, Guide & Potters
- Camping charges.
- LAHDC/Wildlife fees.
- Trekking shoes and clothing.
- Air Fare & Accommodation in Leh.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.